What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online site navigation.
- To enable Solleys Farms Ice Cream Ltd to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
When someone visits www.solleys.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Updates to this policy
This policy was last updated on 10th April 2018.